Nokia XL – Specifications, Price & Review
Nokia (List of Service Centres in India)
03 Nov 14 (Launch Article)
5-inch screen, Dual-core 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play Processor, 768 MB RAM, Android 4.1.2, 5-megapixel rear camera, Dual-Sim.
Online - Flipkart exclusive
Offline - Not available offline
Nokia's take on Android was bit of surprising rather it was a big disappointment. Nokia has launched its Android phones at the budget segment. To lure consumers, Nokia has tried to follow the trend of big screens with the Nokia XL. So, is the phone worth buying? Let's find out the answer below.
The Nokia XL runs on the Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5, Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play Processor with 768 MB RAM. The phone has poor performance and you can feel its slow and laggy.
The name Nokia XL suggests that the phone might have a bigger size and yes it stands by its name and features a 5 inches screen with just 480 x 800 pixels screen resolution. This turns out to a pixel density of just 187 ppi which is very poor. It runs on top of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Beans which is highly tweaked to look like the Windows Phone OS. Android has a very nice, beautiful, simple and fast UI but the Nokia XL UI is different and not very impressive.
The reason why Nokia has tweaked the UI is that it believes the Nokia Android phones will give a glimpse of the original Windows Phone and will act like a bridge between the low-budget smartphones and Nokia's mid ranged Lumia phones.
The Nokia XL features a 5 MP rear camera with LED Flash and 2 MP front camera. And like always the camera quality of the phone is very good. The 5 MP camera produces some really nice images which have good colors.
For storage, the Nokia X2 has a 4 GB internal memory and it is expandable upto 32 GB. The phone supports dual-sim and it has Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery which gives decent battery backup. Also, most of the Android apps can run on the Nokia XL.
Overall, the phone has specifications which are below par in this very competitive price segment. It has weak performance and messy UI. The large screen could have been the selling point but the display is poor. We recommend to ignore this device even if you like it for some reason.
- OnePlus X series is dead, now focus on “true flagship” line only: CEO Posted on: June 16, 2016
- OnePlus 2 to go on Open Sales; no invites needed from 25 to 27 November Posted on: November 24, 2015
- OnePlus X with 5 inch FHD screen, Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM launched at Rs. 16,999 Posted on: October 29, 2015
- OnePlus X to be announced on October 29; Specs listed on Amazon.in Posted on: October 15, 2015
- OnePlus X spotted on Tenaa; reveals Design Posted on: October 13, 2015
- OnePlus 2 Open Sale starting in few minutes; No Invitation required Posted on: October 12, 2015
- OnePlus Mini leaked images show a Dual-Camera setup & fingerprint sensor at the back Posted on: September 22, 2015
- OnePlus 2 Launched at Rs 24,999, now every other Flagship looks too expensive! Posted on: July 28, 2015
- OnePlus 2 will come with 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM, will be priced under 450$ Posted on: July 8, 2015
- OnePlus 2 coming on 27th July, Official Features, Leaks and Rumors Roundup Posted on: June 30, 2015