Samsung Galaxy Core 2 – Specifications, Price & Review
Samsung Galaxy Core 2
Motorola (List of Service Centres in India)
03 Nov 14 (Launch Article)
4.5-inch screen, 1.2 GHz Quad Core Processor, 768 MB RAM, Android 4.4.2, 5 MP rear camera, Dual-Sim, 4 GB Internal Storage.
Online - Flipkart exclusive
Offline - Not available offline
|Samsung Galaxy Core 2||Store||Price||Buy|
After the success of the original Galaxy Core smartphone, the Smartphone giant launched a refreshed version of it - The Samsung Galaxy Core 2. Samsung is really facing the heat of competition from Motorola, Xiaomi, Asus and the Android One phones and to maintain its hold on the Indian market Samsung was forced to slash down the prices of new Core 2 by a whole 4,000 Rs. The phone which was launched around 12,000 Rs. is now available at just around 8,000 Rs. But still is it a good buy? Let's find out.
The Samsung Galaxy Core 2 sports a good 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor with 768 MB of RAM. This is the time when most phones under 10,000 Rs. offer atleast 1 GB RAM but Samsung has its old way going on. But still the phone has decent performance.
The phone has a 4.5 inches capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels display resolution which produces 207 ppi density. The phone supports Dual-Sim cards. It has 4 GB internal storage which is expandable upto 64 GB via microSD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Core 2 has a 5 MP camera and like always it is excellent. The rear camera is really good and it has 0.3 MP Front Camera. The phone has also the LED Flash on the back side.
The phone runs on top of Android 4.4.2 Kitkat out of the box which makes the phone even better. But as it has always happened with the lower end devices of Samsung, there are only few chances that you will ever get an Android update for the Core 2, atleast currently it seems so.
It has a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery which is removable and gives decent battery backup.
When we come to the verdict of the phone, it is very important to know that Samsung is continuously loosing the market in this price segment as we have seen some really great devices in this price range and to add to the vows of Samsung, Google has recently launched the Android One phones. So, by reducing the price of the Core 2, Samsung has done absolutely the right thing and now it has came closer in the competition with other companies.
The Samsung Galaxy Core 2 offers decent specifications and acceptable performance. Moreover, a very important thing is that the phone is from Samsung which is the most trusted companies in smartphones, and offers the best after sales service. And everyone would like to have the feeling that if anything goes bad with the phone, you will get the best service. So, with a reduced price of 4,000 Rs. the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 becomes a good choice.
- OnePlus X series is dead, now focus on “true flagship” line only: CEO Posted on: June 16, 2016
- OnePlus 2 to go on Open Sales; no invites needed from 25 to 27 November Posted on: November 24, 2015
- OnePlus X with 5 inch FHD screen, Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM launched at Rs. 16,999 Posted on: October 29, 2015
- OnePlus X to be announced on October 29; Specs listed on Amazon.in Posted on: October 15, 2015
- OnePlus X spotted on Tenaa; reveals Design Posted on: October 13, 2015
- OnePlus 2 Open Sale starting in few minutes; No Invitation required Posted on: October 12, 2015
- OnePlus Mini leaked images show a Dual-Camera setup & fingerprint sensor at the back Posted on: September 22, 2015
- OnePlus 2 Launched at Rs 24,999, now every other Flagship looks too expensive! Posted on: July 28, 2015
- OnePlus 2 will come with 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM, will be priced under 450$ Posted on: July 8, 2015
- OnePlus 2 coming on 27th July, Official Features, Leaks and Rumors Roundup Posted on: June 30, 2015