- 5.5-inch Full HD Display, Android 7.1 Nougat
- 2.0 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 Processor
- 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Internal storage
- 13 MP + 13 MP Dual rear cameras, 8 MP front camera with flash, 4G, VoLTE
- 3000 mAh battery, Fingerprint scanner, Dual-Sim, Water repellent nano coating
Rs. 13,999on Amazon
- Excellent rear cameras & camera app features
- Good front camera with flash
- Good performance
- Good premium design
- Good battery backup + Fast charging
- Latest Stock Android
- Fast Android version updates
- Great user experience
- Reliable phone with great value for money
No real cons at its price.
Should You Buy?
Overall, the Moto G5S Plus with its excellent cameras, powerful and balanced performance, beautiful design, stock Android with useful features, decent battery backup and all required features is a perfect budget smartphone. It strikes a right balance of everything and delivers a great user experience. It is one of the smartphones under 15000 Rs. and can be picked up with closed eyes.
Out of 100
Moto G5S Plus Full Specifications:
|Build Type||Metal Uni-body|
|Colors||Lunar Grey and Blush Gold|
|Dimensions||153.5 x 76.2 x 8 mm|
|Resolution||Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels), 401 ppi pixel density|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|OS||Android v7.1 Nougat|
|Processor||2.0 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor|
|RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Rear||13 Megapixel + 13 Megapixel Dual cameras, Dual-LED flash|
|ƒ/2.0 aperture, 8x digital zoom for photos, 4x for video, Drag to focus and exposure, Quick Capture, Tap (anywhere) to capture, Best Shot, Professional Mode, Burst mode, Panorama Mode, Auto HDR, Video stabilisation|
|Front||8 Megapixel, LED Flash|
|Wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, Panorama mode, Professional mode, Beautification mode|
|Video||Rear: 4K Ultra HD video capture (30 fps), Slow Motion video|
|SIM Slot(s)||Dual SIM (hybrid slot)|
|External||128 GB via microSD card|
|Capacity||Li-Ion 3,000 mAh battery|
|Fast Charging||Yes, Turbo Charging (15W fast charger, 6 hours of power in 15 mins)|
|Sensors||Fingerprint reader, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Proximity|
|WiFi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), WiFi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v4.2 LE + EDR|
|Location||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS|
|Speakers||Single bottom facing speaker|
|Microphones||One primary mic, one secondary mic for noise cancellation|
|Supports||2G, 3G, 4G VoLTE|
|2G Bands||GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)|
|3G Bands||UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)|
|4G Bands||4G LTE (B1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 40)|
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat7 300/150 Mbps|
|Moto Actions||One-button nav, Double karate chop for torch, Twist for quick capture, Swipe to shrink screen, Pickup to stop ringing, Flip for Do Not Disturb|
|Notification LED||Uses 'Moto Display' to show notifications|
|Water Resistant||Yes, Water repellent nano coating|
|Disclaimer: We have tried our best to list correct information on this page still, cannot guarantee it is 100% correct.|
Moto G5S Plus Review:
It has been just around 6 months when Motorola launched its Moto G5 Plus in India and it has held the top position in its price range since then, and now the company has launched an upgraded version of the phone called as Moto G5S Plus (‘S’ stands for Special Edition), which will now carry forward the legacy of the Moto G series. The Moto G5S Plus unlike its predecessor, comes with a metal unibody design crafted out of a single block of metal. It looks beautiful and feels very premium to hold in hands.
This time, Motorola has also brought back its famous ‘Moto dimple’ on the back which holds the Moto logo, you might be addicted to it like us, if you have used a Moto G series phone. The circular rear camera unit looks good and adds uniqueness to the phone. So, with its premium and beautiful design, the Moto G5S Plus surely gets full marks.
It now comes in a bigger 5.5 inches Full HD screen and has very good display quality. Like its predecessor, it is also powered by the very popular and battery efficient 2.0 GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor paired with 4 GB RAM and Adreno 506 GPU. It delivers, very good performance for normal day to day usage and also handles heavy games without lagging and over heating.
Now, coming to the most important highlight of the Moto G5S Plus, the camera department. The Moto G5 Plus is known as one of the best camera phones under 15000 Rs. and now, taking things to a new level, Motorola has included dual rear cameras in the G5S Plus and with it, it becomes the first phone in the Moto G series to come with dual cameras. It includes a 13 MP RGB sensor and another 13 MP monochrome sensor, both come with ƒ/2.0 aperture and work together to click amazing pictures. The picture quality is really very good.
It includes a complete PRO mode, 3D depth sensor, focus and bokeh effects control, dual-LED flash and more. Using the depth mode you can click an image with the subject in colors while the background in black and white. It also allows you to cut out the subject and change the background. It can record 4K videos at 30 fps. On the front, there is an 8 MP selfie shooter accompanied with LED flash. It also comes with ƒ/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens and panorama, beautification and PRO modes. The front camera is again an excellent selfie shooter, it also clicks beautiful selfies in low light as well. So as always, the Moto G5S Plus again has one of the best cameras at its price.
It runs on the latest Android 7.1 Nougat with Stock Android UI and will get the future Android version updates for at least next few years. Motorola has added some helpful actions like Chop twice to turn on flashlight, Twist for quick capture, Swipe to shrink screen etc. The phone includes a very fast fingerprint scanner on the front, which can also be used for navigation, replacing the onscreen navigation buttons, it takes a little time to get used to it but is a nice addition as it frees up lot of screen space.
It is dual sim phone with 4G and VoLTE support and includes 64 GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card but uses hybrid slot. The Moto G5S Plus also comes with water repellent nano coating and supports NFC for additional connectivity. It comes with Motorola’s ‘Moto Display’ to show and interact with notifications when the phone is locked. It is backed by a non-removable 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery which gives good battery backup and also supports Motorola’s Turbo charging. It easily lasts for a day with medium to heavy usage.
Moto G5S Plus (Lunar Grey):
Moto G5S Plus (Blush Gold):
(Click on images to enlarge)
Moto G5S Plus in News:
- Motorola announces Rs. 1,000 price cut on Moto G5S Plus, now available at Rs. 14,999 Posted on: December 29, 2017
- Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus with metal unibody and upgraded cameras launched in India starting at Rs. 13,999 Posted on: August 29, 2017
- Moto G5S Plus to launch on 29th August in India, to be an Amazon Exclusive Posted on: August 22, 2017
- Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus with upgraded cameras launched, to be available globally starting this month Posted on: August 2, 2017
- Moto G5S and G5S Plus prices leaked yet again ahead of the expected launch this month Posted on: August 1, 2017
- Moto G5S Plus new images leaked, reveals the design and specifications Posted on: July 17, 2017
- Moto G5S Plus and Moto X4 key specifications leaked, could be launched by June end Posted on: June 16, 2017
- Moto G5S Plus, Moto Z2 Force and Moto X prices in India leaked, launch expected soon Posted on: June 9, 2017
- Motorola Moto G5S Plus real life images leaked online, to come with Android 7.1.1 Nougat Posted on: May 27, 2017
- Moto G5S Plus renders leaked in 4 color options, confirms Dual rear camera setup Posted on: May 24, 2017
- Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus renders leaked, hints at a Moto G5 like design Posted on: May 23, 2017
- Heavy Users
- Normal Day to Day Users
- Heavy Gamers
- Moderate Gamers
- Camera Lovers
- Selfie Lovers
- Multimedia Consumption