Windows 10 fastest adopted Windows ever, now running on 300 million devices; free upgrade ends July 29
Microsoft has announced that its latest operating system, Windows 10 is running on more than 300 million active devices around the world. The company has also said that it would end the free Windows 10 upgrade offer on July 29.
The Windows 10 that was launched 9 months ago has seen the fastest growth by any Windows version ever. It has outpaced Windows 7 in the same time-frame by 145% to achieve the 300 million target. The Windows 10 is designed to work on laptops, desktops, smartphones, Xbox One consoles and more.
Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Windows and Devices Group has shared few examples about the adoption of Windows 10:
- Over 63 billion minutes were spent on Microsoft Edge in March alone, with 50% growth in minutes since the last quarter. Exclusively available on Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is our modern browser for helping you get things done.
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant in Windows 10, has helped answer over 6 billion questions since launch.
- People are playing games on Windows 10 more than ever before, with over 9 billion hours of gameplay on Windows 10 since launch.
- Apps that come with Windows 10, including Photos, Groove Music, and Movies & TV are seeing millions of active users each month, including more than 144 million people using Photos.
- And, the Windows Store continues to grow daily with new Universal Windows Platform apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger; updated UWP apps from Vine, Hulu, Netflix and Twitter; and popular PC games including Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break.
So if If you have a computer running Windows 7 or 8, upgrade it today, as the free upgrade offer ends on July 29th, 2016. After that, you will have to shell out Rs. 7,999 / $119 for Windows 10 Home or Rs. 14,999 / $199 for Windows 10 Pro. The OS will be available from the Microsoft online store or retail stores.